Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gazebo Cheese Soup

Good morning!

I like soup. Therefore, I'm going to share yet another soup recipe. This is Jacob and I's favorite recipe to make when it's cold out and today was the perfect day.

Ingredients:

1/2 stick butter
3 chopped green onions (I use the whole thing)
3 stalks of celery, chopped
2 finely grated carrots
2 cans of broth (I use vegetable but the original recipe calls for chicken)
3 cans of cream of potato soup
8oz grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
parsley flakes
coarse ground pepper
salt
8oz sour cream

Directions:

Melt butter over low heat and saute onions, celery, and carrots. Add broth, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.



Add potato soup, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, and sour cream simmer for 15 minutes


That is it! It really is an easy soup to make and it's so filling and is great with bread and wine!




Perfect for a cold rainy day like today! I always double the recipe because the left overs are yummy too



Enjoy!

Emily

Post a Comment

previous next