Friday, February 18, 2011

Thrift Store Dresser Makeover

Happy Friday!

Remember this dresser I teased you with months ago? Well, even though I painted it months ago before we moved it has sat in our garage. I was stuck on knobs for forever because I needed 12 and didn't want to spend a small fortune.

For those of you that don't remember or are new to the blog I bought this dresser for $20 at a local thrift store. I had no idea what I was going to do with it just that I could use it somewhere either as a buffet, a dresser, an entryway chest, or as a console in an office. I decided to go with black while I painted the inside a creamy tan.


I finally bit the bullet and bought these knobs once we moved and had a World Market nearby.


We currently have the dresser in our dining room as we have no formal dining room table. She is keeping the room from looking bare since we probably won't have a table for quite awhile....baby stuff trumps nice table.

I think it will work well as a buffet if that is the route we end up going in the future.





Total cost of the makeover: $20 Dresser
$20 Paint
$60 Hardware

$100 Total!

Not too shabby!



Don't forget to enter the drawing for a $45 code to be used at CSN stores. Click here for details and to enter.


Have a great weekend!


Emily

2 comments

  1. the dresser turned out really beautiful! love those sparkly glass knobs from World Market!

    ReplyDelete

previous next