Monday, May 17, 2010

Doggie Art

Good afternoon!

This last Friday I ran across this picture in blogland and forgive me but I didn't save where it is from.
If anyone knows let me know so I can give proper credit.

Well, it immediately made me think of our two doggies Tatum (English Bulldog) and Oliver (Papillon) and how I would love to have something like this of them. My creative juices started flowing as I googled English Bulldog and Papillon silhouettes. Sure enough within a minute or two I had pulled two images up that I felt like were good representations of our pups and was printing them off.

A quick run to Michael's and I had a canvas (used 40% off coupon so it was only $5). I blew up and cut out the silhouettes and then traced them onto the canvas. Next I carefully painted in the lines of my tracing and once that dried I carefully went around the outside in a light green.

Since I already had the paint this whole project cost $5 and took about 1 1/2 hours (paint had to dry).

Here's my interpretation with Tatey and Oliver.

I hung it in our entryway where we already have a few pictures of the dogs and where their leashes hang.

A great project for a rainy day!

Emily


1 comments

  1. Hi Emily! I just found your blog via the Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday linky party. Great artwork! I about died when I saw your bullie! We have a Bullie too - Miss Weezer and it looks like you and I have a TON in common. Check out my blog and I'm now a follower of yours too. FUN!

    ReplyDelete

previous next